IIT JEE Mains 2018.
New Delhi: 10 days to go for Joint Entrance Exam - Main (JEE Mains) 2018 exam, there's not much preparation one can try to do at this stage. Instead, focus on securing the cut-off marks of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) first rather than trying to solve the entire paper, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 IIT coaching fame. When this teacher from Patna, whose efforts have been acknowledged by former US President Barack Obama and Time magazine, is giving you advice on the exam, it is time take to note.
In an exclusive interview with Zee News, Kumar presents five tips for the IIT students:
1. There's not much time left to thoroughly prepare for IIT exams. So, one should focus on readymade formulas, important tips and points.
2. With exam date nearing, take as many tests as possible. Take mock tests similar to the IIT paper...nothing else.
3. When just two days remain for the test to be conducted, quit studying. Just revise the subject little bit.
4. Before walking in for the examination, be prepared for the fact that the question paper will be tough. IITs have a tendency to set the question that seems tough initially. So don't be scared. Remember, every candidate has received the same paper and are all finding it equally difficult. Don't be nervous.
5.Once you get the question paper, go through all the entire question paper of all the three subjects - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. At first, attempt the easiest question. Then proceed to solve the entire paper, with next levels of difficulty. This strategy helps in raising the student's confidence.
6. Keep in mind that you need to clear the expected IIT cut-off. Focus on the first one-third goal -- making it to IIT, so begin with solving smaller questions. When you focus on the entire paper together, on solving 100% of the paper -- from the beginning to the end -- you'll hit roadblocks. This is when the candidate realises that the exam is difficult. Again, remember that the paper is tough for everyone; everyone is struggling. And if it's easy, it'll be easy for everyone.zeenews